My wonderful kids

My wonderful kids
Life with 4 kids is interesting but fun. I love sharing my life with them and watching them grow.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just paid the bills again...

It's actually something I kind of enjoy doing (for the most part). I try to follow the Gail Vaz Oxlade and Dave Ramsey way of money but it's tough sometimes. Like today when we were out of sugar completely, and money to buy it LOL We use cash mostly and this year we are doing a Birthday/Christmas savings every month of $160 so I had to borrow $5 out of that to get the sugar. Then after I found a few bucks in my jacket, oops! Oh well, bought the kids Timbits.


So now our Birthday/Christmas savings should have $290.00 (used $30 for Valentine's Day) in it but Lee took $40 out of it before I even got it put away the very first month! And then this past week I went grocery shopping and I spent too much ($200 instead of the normal $120 I'm supposed to spend-but I did get some good deals) so at this point there is $165 in the hiding place. Oops we are short $165. But you know what? At least there is something in it. Lee's birthday is this month too and we have $50 budgeted for him so maybe we'll have to really watch what we spend. And then Easter is budgeted to spend $20 and TG I get a discount because it'll be REALLY easy as long as I only spend that.


Anyway, I just wanted to complain a bit LOL We did really well putting our debit cards away and not using them. We just have to keep thinking about it. Just like losing weight :D You have to keep it on your mind and keep making the right choice every day. That's the tough part. Making the right choice.

No comments: