My wonderful kids

My wonderful kids
Life with 4 kids is interesting but fun. I love sharing my life with them and watching them grow.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 Random Acts of Kindness Year

The trick is to do something random every single day. Except I don't leave the house every day. Hmm... only every couple days. I do random acts all the time (like buying milk for a woman with a little boy at work when her bank account was NSF) and going out of my way to hold doors and pay compliments.

DH and I hit a rough patch yesterday. I'm really angry with him and horribly disappointed that he still hasn't learned that he should tell me things and after 10 years I'm at my wits end of where to go with it. He is quitting smoking. I know it's hard and it's horrible of me to think it, but can't he just be honest with me if he buys cigarettes? That's what I'm all in a fit about. He has quit at least 5 times over the past 10 years and we have gone through the exact same arguement every single time when he restarts and doesn't tell me. Like he can hide the smoke smell from me? I told him specifically this time to tell me so I can help him through it and we wouldn't argue. But he didn't and now I feel like he doesn't trust me to be good about it. Anyway, not to whine and moan over and over since if his family ever found this they would be furious I even mentioned in passing that I'm frustrated. So anyway I'm really irritated and frustrated with DH and it's seriously driving a wedge in our marriage.

The reason I mention it now is that a few months ago I did a random act of kindness every day for him to help strengthen our marriage. And now, as I sit here and think about how I can randomly help strangers it reminds me of how I felt when I did little things for DH and then that reminds me of how pissed off with him I am right now and how I don't want to do anything kind to him. Sigh. Marriage. It's been 6 years of marriage this year in September and 10 years together.

So anyway, I'm going to try to do a random act of kindness today. Like paying for someone's coffee behind me in line at the Tim Horton's. Except I don't have money for ME to get a coffee let alone someone else LOL So scratch that. Well, anyway, I'll figure something out. I can be nice if I want to. :D

2 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

I love random acts of kindness and the whole paying it forward bit. I try my best when I am out and about too but like you I don't even get out of the house everyday. well for me I could go a whole week and not get out!

Mom vs. the boys said...

I miss you around the blogosphere, where are you??? I have an award for you over on my blog. swing by and pick it up!